This is our favorite dish to bring to a party, and it seems everyone loves it as much as we do! My girls love this-Mara can eat a whole bowl full, which is amazing to me. We usually bring pita chips with this dish for other guests to enjoy. At home, it's great over a bed of lettuce.
I got this recipe from Whole Foods, and haven't done too many changes to it except leave out the onions (which I kept in the recipe below).
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas (two 15-ounce cans)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
Enjoy! This dish is so much better the next day :)